Saturday 9 August 2014

Mods For Long Distance Ride

I'm off to Italy on this little baby in September for a 2,500 mile round trip.  I want to make this machine as comfortable as possible.  So I got some rear sets (to make the riding position more comfortable) and some bar end weights (to stop the handlebar vibrations) and I added a fuel filter to stop the rusting tank gumming up the carbs again.
 
 In the good old days Rassk rear-sets where the bees knees.  Without reading any current reviews I ordered a set directly from Sweden.  Have to say the quality is very disappointing and the fitting was terrible.  Bit of a hash up really.  No proper instructions and all sorts of palava getting them set up.  But at least they put the pegs back enough to make a more comfortable riding position especially as the bars are quite straight.
 
The bar end weights were a delight.  It turned out that one of them was also engineered to be a cruise control as well.  I never knew that when I bought it.

And a cheapo Chineses fuel filter to keep the rust out of my lovely carbs.

Next up is a windshield and another set of exhaust pipes and headers.  Quieter ones without leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment